Our Declaration of Faith
At Family Church, we believe:
- The Bible is God’s inspired Word.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons: namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father conceived of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the intercessor, mediator and High Priest of our salvation.
- All have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for the forgiveness of sins.
- Justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought through faith in the atoning Blood of Jesus Christ.
- Sanctification is both an instantaneous and progressive work of the Holy Spirit.
- A holy lifestyle is God’s standard of living for His people.
- Believers should be baptized with the Holy Spirit for the purpose of empowerment.
- Speaking in tongues is the privilege of every believer, whereby he or she communes and fellowships with God in a language made known by God.
- Water baptism by immersion is required for all who repent of their sins and follow Christ.
- Healing is provided in God’s redemptive work.
- The Lord’s Supper, Communion, is partaking of the life of God and is required of all who repent of their sins and follow Christ.
- Jesus Christ will come again, taking all believers, living and dead, unto Himself, giving them an eternal reward.
- There will be eternal life for the righteous, eternal punishment for the wicked.
- We believe that anointed teaching is the catalyst for transformation in individual lives and in the church.
(Romans 12:7; II Timothy 3:16 & 17; James 1:23-25)
- We believe the family unit is at the heart of God and therefore should be at the heart of the church.
(Genesis 1:26-28; Exodus 20:12; Psalm 127:1-5)
- We believe that lost people matter to God, and therefore, ought to matter to the church. (Luke 5:30-32; Luke 15; Matthew 18:14)
- We believe that the church should be culturally relevant while remaining doctrinally pure.
(I Corinthians 9:19-23)
- We believe that Christ’s followers should manifest authenticity and yearn for continuous growth.
(Ephesians 4:25-26 & 32; Hebrews 12:1; Philippians 1:6)
- We believe in the dynamic and personal work of the Holy Spirit in the life of an individual.
(John 7:37-39; Acts 2:1-4; Acts 19:1-7; Ephesians 5:15-21)
- We believe that the church should operate as a unified community of servants stewarding their spiritual gifts.
(I Corinthians 12 & 14; Romans 12; Ephesians 4; Psalm 133:1)
- We believe that loving relationships should permeate every aspect of church life.
(I Corinthians 13; Nehemiah 3; Luke 10:1; John 13:34-35)
- We believe that life-change happens best in small groups.
(Luke 6:12 &13; Acts 2:44-47)
- We believe that excellence honors God and inspires people.
(Colossians 3:17; Malachi 1:6-14; Proverbs 27:17)
- We believe that churches should be led by those with leadership gifts.
(Nehemiah 1 & 2; Romans 12:8; Acts 6:2-5)
- We believe that full devotion to Christ and His cause is normal for every believer.
(I Kings 11:4; Philippians 2:1-11; II Corinthians 8:7)